TWMA’s Stay Safe Programme is about keeping everyone we work with safe, in any region, on any site, at all times. It’s based around our Hazard Awareness and Recognition Toolbox Talk (HART) which identifies tasks to be completed, the risks involved and the controls in place to mitigate these risks.
Each task has three associated Stay Safe Rules which guide our employees’ behaviour whilst completing the task. By following these rules, employees have confidence that they’re doing their job in the safest possible way.
Safety is the responsibility of everyone at TWMA and the Stay Safe programme empowers all employees to intervene if they see an unsafe act. Whether in the office, offshore or on the yard, we encourage everyone to Stay Safe.
WORKING AT HEIGHT
- Only trained and competent personnel should work at height
- Ensure area below work area is cordoned off
- Ensure all equipment is properly erected, installed, maintained and inspected prior to use
- Only trained and competent personnel should operate equipment
- Always follow appropriate operating procedures
- Always inspect equipment before and after use
CONFINED SPACE ENTRY
- Conduct all required gas tests
- Ensure Rescue Plan and Rescue Team are in place
- Only trained and competent personnel to enter confined
- Always wear a seatbelt
- Never use a mobile phone whilst driving
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs
HAZARDOUS MATERIAL HANDLING
- Read and understand all relevant COSHH assessments
- Follow instruction for safe use and storage
- Only trained and competent personnel should handle hazardous substances
- Ensure lifting equipment is inspected and certified prior to use
- Ensure loads are secure before lifting operation
- Never walk under suspended loads