Design and produce general arrangement, layout, fabrication, process flow, P&ID concepts and solutions of TWMA structural, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic details for use equipment in the business including manufacturing, sales and marketing, operations and purchasing.
- Preparation of design, manufacturing and fabrication drawings.
- Evaluate cost effective design solutions
- Create and issue works instructions for the manufacture / alteration of products.
- Expedite deliveries and sub-contactors
- Liaise with suppliers and the client to ensure requirements are achieved
- Review and check of drawings.
- Assist in the design of onshore / offshore (will require offshore trips) installations.
- Perform onshore / offshore as built surveys
- Provide guidance & mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Prepare of costings, proposals and marketing materials for engineering projects and related equipment.
- Ensure all records are kept up to date and in line with company standards
Qualification(s) & Training (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- HNC qualified in an Engineering discipline (P)
- Chartered Engineer Status (P)
- MIST (E)
- BOSIET (E)
- Full UK driving license (E)
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role / sector (E)
Experience(s) (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- Worked in a similar role within an Engineering or Technical Department (E)
- Competent in AutoCAD & Inventor or Solidworks (E)
- Capable of carrying out dimensional surveys. (E)
- Designed electrical and hydraulic set ups (P)
- Ability to work alone or part of a team (E)
- Knowledge of fabricated structural steel standards and specifications. (P)
- Worked within the oil & gas or energy industries (E)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- 2D AutoCAD (E)
- 3D Autodesk Inventor (E)
- Autodesk Inventor Stress Analysis (P)
- Autodesk Inventor Computational Fluid Dynamics (P)
- Autodesk 3DS Max (P)
- Driving License (E)
- Highly organised and able to manage competing demands (E)
- Drive and dedicated (E)
- Ability to work independently (E)
- Dedicated to promoting a positive image of the company (E)
- Ensures that important information is shared with employees and others as appropriate (E)
- Gives and receives constructive feedback (E)
- Knowledge of solids controls and/or waste management technologies (P)
Complying with Procedures
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Be aware of company conditions of employment as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with the HR Department to assure compliance with current employee law legislation and employment contract and keep up to date with other current legislation, legal requirements and regulations that apply to the company.
Note: The duties as described herein are intended as a guide only, and it should be understood that operational demands may at times necessitate that an employee performs duties not included in this description.