To further develop the Environmental aspects within TWMA and assist the HSEQ and Operations departments to ensure that all TWMA’s UK and International operations are conducted in accordance with applicable environmental statutory requirements and in accordance with all site licenses and permits (Pollution Prevention Control).
To further develop the Environmental aspects within TWMA and assist the HSEQ and Operations departments to ensure that all TWMA’s UK and International operations are conducted in accordance with applicable environmental statutory requirements and in accordance with all site licenses and permits (Pollution Prevention Control). Assist in project work including Research and Development), landfill avoidance and alternative use of process by-products. To assist in the development and promotion of TWMA’s environmental culture and awareness.
Day to Day Activities:
- Engage with the Site Managers in maintaining compliance to site licenses for their respective sites.
- Preparation of applications for new licenses required as operations expand.
- To be a focal point of contact with Environmental regulatory bodies (SEPA, APHA).
- Liaise with operations and ensure that wastes received are compliant with site licenses.
- Assist operations in ensuring legislative compliance.
- Reviewing and assessing current environmental practices against current regulations and laws
- Advise and update operations on forthcoming legislation and its potential impact.
- Assist the Group HSEQ Manager and HSEQ Team Leader to manage environmental performance in accordance with targets and objectives.
- Environmental auditing to check compliance both internally and externally.
- Provide support and guidance with the investigations on Environmental incidents and Non-Conformances
- Assisting in the production of company procedures, policies and practices in relation to environmental concerns, sustainability efforts and emissions targets.
Preparation of Environmental Data:
- Monitoring and measuring of environmental impacts of operations.
- Formulate annual environmental reports of environmental impacts, risks, hazards.
- Develop environmental targets based on environmental reports.
HSEQ Targets and Objectives:
- Assist in development and realisation of HSEQ targets and objectives.
- Participate in regular HSEQ team meetings to progress targets and objectives.
Qualification(s) & Training (E – Essential / P – Preferred):
- Environmental Science / Management Degree of equivalent (E)
- Certificates/Awards in relevant specialties (P)
Experience(s) (E – Essential / P – Preferred):
- Proven experience in an environmental compliance role or similar (E)
- Working within the oil & gas or energy industries (P)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies (E – Essential / P – Preferred):
- Ability to follow operational instructions and maintain operational records as laid down in procedures (E)
- Ability to work independently (E)
- Dedicated to promoting a positive image of the company (E)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (E)
- Responsible attitude to safety and staff at all times (E)
- Effective team player (E)
- Punctual (E)
- Ability to travel to UK sites and overseas, as and when required, (E)
Complying with Procedures:
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Be aware of company conditions of employment as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with the HR Department to assure compliance with current employee law legislation and employment contract and keep up to date with other current legislation, legal requirements and regulations that apply to the company.