To assist in the managing and planning of all internal and external operations whilst ensuring accurate records are maintained. Ensure that environmental, health, safety and quality standards are adhered to by all employees. Ensuring efficient and effective procurement and dispatch activities are carried out as set by TWMA’s policies and procedures. To be able to carry out all jobs onsite when required, undertaking training as needed, to ensure efficient operation is maintained. In the absence of the Tullos Site Manager it is the responsibility of the Materials & Logistics Supervisor to undertake the role.
- Maintain documentation of hazardous materials & material certifications.
- Goods-in stores – Complete GRN’s ensuring materials are as ordered including relevant certification requested
- Goods-out stores – Complete manifests and associated paperwork for all internal site and client shipments
- Ensure stock count and locations on site are kept up to date
- Annual/cycle stock checks including spot stock checks. Problem solving stock issues.
- Generating purchase requisitions and issuing of purchase orders.
- Ensure and maintain the main store and portable stores are clean, clear and tidy.
- Ensure adequate security measures are applied and maintained to store facilities.
- Ensure adequate measures are applied and maintained to secure all forms of stores stock.
- Assist with implementing and following the company quality system.
- Assist with the planning of daily onsite and offsite operations
- Ensure that safe working practices are followed by all employees/contractors on site at all times.
- Ensure that all environmental, safety and quality procedures are followed
- Carry out stores administration and any other relevant administration duties as required by management.
- Manage the stock control process within the stores arrangement.
- Regularly seek to identify and implement improved ways of working.
- Attend operational meetings as and when required
- Develop a good working relationship with 3rd party Customers/Vendors
- Any other duties that may arise in line with the post
Goods In/Goods Out
- Proactively deal with incoming correspondence/enquiries from internal and external sources.
- Check all incoming and outgoing paperwork and authorise.
- Ensure constant communication with Purchasing Department to identify items in stock and items that require procurement.
- Liaise with Freight Forwarder and prepare commercial invoices for imports and exports as and when required
- Assuring that operational instructions are always followed as detailed in the operational procedures.
- Following instructions from site supervision as required.
- Manage out of hours work as required.
- Working at client/vendor sites
- Record operations and transportation details, as required by the company’s operation procedures.
- Organising the shelving and outdoor parts/equipment as necessary
- Assist with waste management activities
HSE & SEPA:
- Ensure site personnel follow TWMA, HSE & SEPA procedures.
- Addressing any concerns and taking appropriate actions in conjunction with TWMA procedures.
- Attending safety meetings with HSE personnel.
Qualification(s) & Training (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- HND Level in Administration or equivalent relevant specialty (P)
- Awards/Certificates in a relevant discipline (P)
- Valid Forklift certificate up to 16 tonnes (P)
- Dangerous Goods By Sea (P)
- Banksman/Slinger (P)
Experience(s) (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- People Management (E)
- Packing and shipping of goods internationally (P)
- Import/Export Awareness (P)
- Work within the oil and gas or energy industries (P)
- Working with staff at all levels (E)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- Highly organized with the ability to organize own workload and ability to meet deadlines (E)
- Good administrative skills (E)
- Proficient use in IT, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (E)
- Dedicated to promoting a positive image of the company (E)
- Ability to work creatively and apply defined systems of work (E)
- UK/EU Customs Regulations (P)
- Experience of working with Navision or other accounting packages (P)
- Experience of working with C-Sam or other industry logistics packages (P)
Complying with Procedures
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Be aware of company conditions of employment as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with the HR Department to assure compliance with current employee law legislation and employment contract and keep up to date with other current legislation, legal requirements and regulations that apply to the company.
Note: The duties as described herein are intended as a guide only, and it should be understood that operational demands may at times necessitate that an employee performs duties not included in this description.