Reporting to Technical Sales Manager and as a member of the Sales, Business Development & Marketing team, the Proposals Specialist is responsible for producing all types of standard and non-standard technical and commercial proposals (including proposal requests, responses to Tenders, RFPs, etc.) to ensure that our final offer meets our clients demands and is aligned with the TWMA Value Proposition.
- Manage Tenders & Proposals CRM Portion and ensure it is kept up to date
- Preliminary review of enquiry or invitation to tender document
- Review client history to ensure continuity in proposal delivery
- Identify time frames for completion of Technical and Engineering Sections
- Identify and compile scopes of work for third party subcontractors for services and supply of materials where required as part of the Tender
- Identify and compile scopes of work for internal departments in order to fulfill the client’s requirements, and ensure that all relevant information is included within the company’s final proposal
- Co-ordinate clarification responses during bid evaluation process. Attend all relevant meetings
- Co-ordinate tender/proposal administration meetings (Weekly Trackers) including documenting MoM
- Formatting of final documents and facilitate proposal approvals process
- Review and understand terms and conditions (e.g. contractual terms, delivery delays, etc.). Work with the contracts manager to identify and communicate exceptions and potential risks
- Assist in contract/tender negotiations with Technical Sales Manager
Qualification(s) & Training (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- Preference to have a business/engineering degree but not essential
Experience(s) (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- Minimum 2 years tendering experience in the international oil and gas sector
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- Proficiency in Xait Porter or other tendering based software (E)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics CRM software (E)
- Advanced Microsoft office skill sets (E)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken) (E)
- Positive attitude with demonstrated leadership skills (E)
- Ability to turn needs and requirements into an appealing offer (E)
- Pursue everything with energy, drive and a proactive “can-do” attitude; anticipate emerging issues and prepare to address them (E)
- Strong attention to detail: consistently demonstrate accuracy in product description, pricing model and terms and conditions (E)
- Excellent organizational skills (E)
- Possess good cultural sensitivity and awareness (E)
- Takes ownership of assignments with a view to completing tasks while focusing on tangible results (E)
- Consistently demonstrates determination to achieve high standards in own work (E)
- Ability to handle sensitive information relating clients’ needs (E)
Complying with Procedures
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Be aware of company conditions of employment as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with the HR Department to assure compliance with current employee law legislation and employment contract and keep up to date with other current legislation, legal requirements and regulations that apply to the company.
Note: The duties as described herein are intended as a guide only, and it should be understood that operational demands may at times necessitate that an employee performs duties not included in this description.