Developed from an in-depth understanding of the complex chemistry involved, we offer specialist services for the treatment of oily slops and sludges.
Our slops and sludges treatment process produces three distinct components of recovered oil, recovered water and solids discharge.
Combining flocculation, centrifugation and settling, slops treatment separates oil from the mixture. Recovered solids are sent for additional treatment to recover any remaining oil, whilst water is safe to be discharged. Absence of high temperature treatment means recovered base oil retains its original quality and is therefore suitable for reuse.
The treatment process requires the following tests to be carried out and reported:
- Incoming slops and sludges are retorted for percentage content of oil, water and solids
- Produced solids discharge is analysed for oil and water content
- Recovered oil is tested for contamination
- Processed water is analysed for pH, COD, TOC, suspended solids and hydrocarbon content
- Onshore and offshore treatment solution to manage a wide variety (lightly contaminated water to spent drilling fluid) of slop generated at source
- Two distinct product types, mechanical separation to treat heavy/weighted slops and dissolved air floatation (DAF) to manage slop with light, low gravity solids
- TWMA site-based slop treatment offers lower total cost of ownership to our clients by reducing haul off by up to 95%
- Solution that can be easily integrated into any location (onshore and offshore) and requires minimal man power to safety and efficiently operate
- Solution that has been proven to reduce and, in some cases, eliminate multiple levels of handling and transfer of a hazardous waste stream thus significantly improving the overall HSE impact of managing slop waste
Get in touch to find out more about this solution.