To work effectively as part of a team to build, service, repair and maintain equipment in the maintenance department. Carrying out repairs and upgrades of mechanical equipment will be an integral part of the role. You will also be required to help train colleagues across various disciplines and undergo relevant training.
- Check, service, repair, test and maintain all TWMA equipment.
- Assemble and test new equipment
- Log information in the maintenance job sheets.
Provide technical advice and assistance to all departments
- Liaise with Engineering colleagues to obtain information to assist and build new equipment.
- Source information from third party representatives as necessary.
HSEQ & SEPA
- Follow all TWMA and HSEQ/SEPA procedures.
- Address any concerns and taking appropriate actions in conjunction with TWMA procedures.
- Attending monthly site safety meetings with HSEQ personnel.
Out of Hours Maintenance Assistance
- Provide back-up assistance to other Maintenance personnel by mobile phone as required.
- Attend the maintenance site in the event of an equipment call off.
- Report all out of hour’s activity to Engineering Manager.
- Part of on call Rota.
Offshore/Oversees Maintenance – supporting offshore operations
- Traveling offshore/oversees to check, service & repair equipment as required.
- Be prepared to undertake medicals, vaccinations and training as required for offshore/oversees travel.
Qualification(s) & Training (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- ONC Level or equivalent in a Technical or Engineering discipline (E)
- NVQ Level 3 (E)
- Forklift Certificate (P)
- Certificate in a relevant discipline (P)
- BOSIET (P)
Experience(s) (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- Servicing & Maintaining mechanical and hydraulic equipment/machinery
- Ability to work well with staff at all levels
- Building mechanical & hydraulic systems (P)
- Working with heavy plant machinery (P)
- Working within the oil & gas or energy industries (P)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- Ability to work to a high standard at all times (E)
- Ability to develop and follow operational instructions (E)
- Dedicated to promoting a positive image of the company (E)
- Competent in applying defined systems of work (P)
- Responsible attitude towards safety and equipment (E)
- Available to participate in on-call rota (E)
- Effective team player (E)
- Punctual (E)
- Ability to travel offshore/overseas, when required (E)
- UK Drivers Licence (E)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (E)
Complying with Procedures
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Be aware of company conditions of employment as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with the HR Department to assure compliance with current employee law legislation and employment contract and keep up to date with other current legislation, legal requirements and regulations that apply to the company.
Note: The duties as described herein are intended as a guide only, and it should be understood that operational demands may at times necessitate that an employee performs duties not included in this description.