Responsible for the running of the Purchasing Department, overseeing all activities relating to procurement including supporting Regional procurement functions with alignment to the Group program.
Implement and manage an effective program of negotiating and executing best value supply agreements
Plan, direct and monitor all purchasing activities so that all goods, materials, supplies and services the Company buys meet its standards of price, quality, timing, and reliability of supply.
Oversee expediting of goods and services, providing support as required.
- Develop and implement a purchasing strategy to support sales growth, manage cash flow and improve profitability.
- Liaise with managers to forecast their demand for goods and materials and implement procurement as required.
- Liaise with functional and operational area managers to ensure supply activities are integrated with other parts of the business.
- Build strong relationships with key suppliers to ensure they are aware of our Company objectives and understand and deliver our business needs.
- Negotiate terms for procurement within limits of authority and establish appropriate purchasing agreements (incl credit terms and discounts based on spend).
- Supervise updates of existing purchasing agreements and monitor usage and compliance.
- Analyse and evaluate the Company’s overall purchasing trends to identify potential efficiencies and economies within procurement.
- Ensure that purchasing is conducted in line with policy and Approved Vendor List.
- Analyse and evaluate external price trends and new product offerings to reduce overall purchasing costs.
- Develop policies, checklists and other materials that describe the Company’s technical, quality, service or reliability standards to help purchasing team evaluate supplier proposals.
- Develop alternatives to existing supply chain; suppliers of ‘equivalent’ technologies.
- Liaise with Project Management and Operations to maintain awareness of required timings to mitigate risk to performance/delivery due to late or non-delivery of purchase parts or services.
- Manage the expediting process further to placement of order, communicating with vendors to resolve problems to ensure timeliness or quantity of supplies.
Critical/Approved Vendors List
- Ensure that all approved suppliers are assessed and compliant with TWMA policies and procedures as well as regulatory standards.
- Select and manage relationships with suppliers, vendors or sub-contractors to minimize costs and ensure satisfactory standards of service.
- Manage, direct, evaluate and develop staff to ensure resources are used effectively and work schedules and targets are met.
- Oversee all Buyer account negotiations, whilst mentoring staff in negotiation, planning and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Support the Regional procurement functions to ensure aligned to the Group procurement program
- Continuously monitor Group procurement to identify opportunities for efficiency and economic improvement
- Produce reports, as required, to demonstrate Purchasing Team performance.
- Attend senior management meetings as and when required to report on purchasing activities.
- Carry out annual performance appraisals, performance management and training needs analysis.
- Work effectively with other departments (Operations, Engineering, Finance, Stores & Logistics) to champion and integrate the Purchasing Team.
- Work with relevant project group to support the Stock Management System.
- Adherence to and development of relevant policies and procedures relating to procurement activities.
- Develop training sessions for members of staff with purchasing duties
Qualification(s) & Training (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- Degree level qualification (P)
- Qualified member of applicable national Procurement institute (e.g. CIPS) (P)
Experience(s) (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- Proven track record at a supervisory level of delivering results within a commercial organisation (E)
- People management (E)
- Experience in a similar role (E)
- Working within the oil & gas industry (P)
- Working with staff at all level (P)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies (E – Essential / P – Preferred)
- Highly organised (E)
- Competent in working creatively and applying defined systems of work (E)
- Dynamic and effective team leader and player (E)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (E)
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills (E)
- Advanced Microsoft Office Experience (E)
- Experience using Navision (P)
- Awareness of Material Requirement Planning (MRP (P)
- Dedicated to promoting a positive image of the Company (E)
Complying with Procedures
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company Health and Safety policy.
- Be aware of company conditions of employment as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with the HR Department to assure compliance with current employee law legislation and employment contract and keep up to date with other current legislation, legal requirements and regulations that apply to the company.
Note: The duties as described herein are intended as a guide only, and it should be understood that operational demands may at times necessitate that an employee performs duties not included in this description.