- Ensure your work area and recreational area are clean and safe at all times.
- Ensure all tools and unused materials are returned to secure storage or stores.
- Ensure all Company services, equipment and tools are safely operated in accordance with Company instructions.
- Communicate with the Fabrication Chargehand and Engineering Works Manager on workshop and site activities.
- Apply approved instructions to manufacture, repair, install or uninstall equipment and assets.
- Identify select, measure, cut and shape material specified for use in Company recognised work scopes.
- Clean and dress material and sub-assemblies specified for use in Company recognised work scopes.
- Log information in welding job sheets.
- Report any errors or faults found via the Fabrication Chargehand and/or Site Manager.
- Attain and maintain certification to enable welding and fabricating in accordance with the Company weld procedures.
- Report any faults or the expiry of calibration certificates for Company equipment.
- Apply the Company welding procedures.
- Attend TWMA designated worksites to undertake welding and fabrication tasks.
- Apply the Company approved weld procedures to the Company work scopes.
- Assemble parts and components to the design specified tolerances.
- Apply QA and QC procedures to ensure all work can be verified and traced in future.
Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE)
- Follow Company wide procedures to meet QHSE policy.
- Communicate any QHSE concerns and take appropriate actions in conjunction with TWMA procedures.
- Participate in safety meetings hosted by QHSE and management personnel
Offshore/Oversees Maintenance – supporting offshore operations
- Traveling Offshore and oversees to check, service & repair equipment as required.
- Be prepared to undertake medicals, vaccinations and training as required for offshore/oversees travel.
Comply with Procedures
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company and Client operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure all operations comply with the Company Health and Safety policy as defined in the Company handbook.
- Be aware of Company conditions of employment as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Liaise with HR to assure compliance with current employee law legislation.
- Keep up to date with other current legislation, legal requirements and TWMA welding procedures that apply to the job.
- Ensure product compliance with international and national legislation and standards.
Out of Hours Maintenance Assistance
- Provide back-up assistance to Engineering Maintenance staff by mobile phone as required.
- Attend site in the event of an equipment call off.
(E) Essential (P) Preferred
- Fabricating various types of materials (E)
- Welding to known pre-determined standards (E)
- Working with Plasma, Oxy-Acetylene, Band-saws and Grinders (E)
- Working in teams (E)
- Working with heavy plant machinery/materials (P)
- Experience in a similar role (P)
- Experience in Welding and Fabricating to DNV standards (P)
Qualifications / Training
- Apprenticeship in Welding/Fabricating (E)
- MIG and MMA Welding (E)
- 3G Coding (E)
- Driving License (E)
- SVQ Level 3/4, City & Guilds or equivalent in Welding discipline (P)
- Forklift Certificate (P)
- BOSIET and MIST (P)
- TIG welding (P)
- Responsible attitude towards safety and equipment (E)
- Effective team player (E)
- Flexible approach to working hours (E)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (P)
- Ability to travel offshore/overseas when required (P)